Pages

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Lensography by Any Other Name . . .

One of my newest lenses, Essentials for Survival, is being developed as a lensography for my survival series of lenses, of which I have two so far. I don't mention the word "lensography" at all, but each new lens will be incorporated here to support the topic, as well as to support the blog of the same name.

I've never done it this way before, but it's kind of nice to start the lensography early. It'll be easy to keep up, plus it makes my commitment to the niche more serious. I'm determined to keep it up!

Do you have a new niche? Does it have a lensography? Share it here!

2 comments:

  1. I agree. Lensographies are a great way to organize and display a particular niche!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit that I have seen some Lensographies that are just a series of featured lenses under headings and these do nothing to enhance the reputation of the Lensmaster or Lensographies in general.

    Lensographies are a great way to organise lenses and you can also use them to tell a story.I use my main Lensography to tell my Squidoo story. Each lens has a comment about why I made the lens and what may have been unique about it, such as the first time I took photos specifically to create a lens, or that I used cartoons created by my girls etc.

    The Lensography also carries stats about each of the lenses such as date published, highest ever ranking, days in Top 100, purple stars etc, so it is like my "Squidoo family history" - it is in fact a legacy.

    NOw I am trying to work up the courage to split it up - with 74 lenses on it, there is a time lag as it loads....

    I have other Lensographies and find that the more lenses you have, the more Lensographies you can make. My latest is about my Purple Stars BUT following comments made at SquidU, I have also added a duel module to debate if the way the programme is run needs to change (personally I dont think it does)and there's plexos for people to add their own PS lenses and also to create a wish list of lenses people would love to get Purple Stars - perhaps others will spot something on there that they will nominate.

    Starting the lensography early is a great way to go about it because making a lensography with a large number of lenses can be very time consuming and in the rush to get it all on there we can struggle to be creative.

    Good luck with your newest Lensography Susan, having the foresight to plan ahead makes life easier in the long run :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.