Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Please Participate in Our Poll

What do you think of lensmasters placing multiple affiliate ads on their profile page and in the bio section of their lenses?

This seems to be a growing trend on Squidoo lately and, while I can see that an ad or two might be fruitful, I've seen some presentations that look downright unprofessional and have to think that they might actually be counterproductive.

In my opinion.

I want to know what you think, so I've placed a poll on the left margin of this blog. Would you please take a moment and answer the question? If you have more to add, feel free to leave a comment below.

I appreciate your input.

6 comments:

  1. It would be helpful if you had links to examples. I'm not sure I fully understand what you mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauri Ann, I don't really want to point out examples and embarrass anyone. I have one ad on this lens if you want to see where I'm talking about. It's on the right margin in the bio area, the purple ad for iStyles. I've started adding an ad here and there, mostly in my bio. I was interested in other people's opinions before I started adding more than that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howsit Susan,
    Quite frankly this whole business puzzles me. However if one is trying to make some money from it, then I personally can see nothing wrong with running an ad. or two. It then just depends on taste or what I would prefer to call " a touch of class." Some have it others don't and being a former tobacco farmer I always used to believe that your product sells itself, simply put, if the quality of my crop is bad then no amount of pushing it from me is going to make the slightest bit of difference. However if the quality of my crop is good, then I hardly need to push it, it sells itself. No doubt from that tirade you will understand that I'm a bit out of depth in this business. Kindest regards and best of luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Susan,
    I like to keep my profile panel clean, so I tend to not put ads there. I have one lens with a PSA button that relates to the content. I think that's the only one. I've voted in the poll - good question to ask.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan,
    I like to keep my profile panel clean, so I tend to not put ads there. I have one lens with a PSA button that relates to the content. I think that's the only one. I've voted in the poll - good question to ask.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know I have gone overboard with ads, at times in the past. I took out a bunch of them recently. It's a difficult decision - most visitors pay close attention to the content of the bio area, so I want to point out my recommendations there, of course. But I agree - it can get too crowded. I switch out things, every once in a while, and I play with smaller sizes of my displays.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.