I've really enjoyed making politics and politician lenses on Squidoo. There's the Who is Hillary Clinton? lens, which bounces in and out of the top 100 on Squidoo and has stayed in the top five or so of its category for some time now. Then there are the other SquidWho candidate lenses, the ones about Fred Thompson and Mike Huckabee, which have gone the way of those two candidates (down, down, down in rank).
Hopefully the Democratic and Republican National Convention lenses will pick up a bit more as the conventions get closer, and The First Gentleman lens should gain popularity if Hillary really does win the nomination. The George Bush Bloopers lens is still fun for a rainy day.
This week I decided to branch out and try a couple of SquidLit lenses and one book I chose to feature is called Anything for a Vote which, of course, ties nicely into the political theme. I really like the SquidLit format and anticipate many more lenses there.
Yes, politics and Squidoo make a very nice mix, at least this election year. Guess I might need to have to find another theme come November, but I'm going to enjoy this one while it lasts.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.