The Lensmaster Lounge is the name of the user's forum on Squidoo. Have you visited lately? If not, you're missing out on so much of what Squidoo has to offer.
Besides getting answers to your urgent questions about Squidoo and finding someone to critique or "bless" your lens, you also have the opportunity to meet Squidoo lensmasters, newbies and oldies as well, and visit their lenses. Know what? There are some awesome lenses out there and many of them (maybe most of them) belong to lensmasters you've never run across before.
With over a cool half-million lenses now, you know there have to be a whole bunch of lensmasters. It's easy enough to meet them without even participating in the forum; simply browse the posts on the forum and click on the various lensmaster id's to see their profile pages, then start checking out their lenses.
Better yet, offer a critique for someone who requests it or answer a question if you can help someone who has one. Be honest when you critique, but be kind and offer productive suggestions. Leave a good impression about yourself because someone else who is new will probably decide to meet you, too - or not, depending on the attitude that you project in your forum posts. It's really easy to make friends on the forum, but it's also easy to leave a bad taste in someone's mouth if you don't choose your words wisely.
When you post, subscribe to the thread so you'll receive notification of responses and can follow up when necessary. This morning I posted a comment and there was a response from a lensmaster I had never met. I clicked through to see her lenses and, wow, what great lenses she has! (Check out CherylK's lenses here.)
So, next time you need a break from creating your own awesome lenses on Squidoo, take a few minutes and drop in at the lounge, now being served by the best lensmasters Squidoo has to offer.
(What? You haven't signed up with Squidoo yet? Don't waste another minute. Get started here.)
A minute? A minute? Right. Be prepared to lose yourself in some rousing discussions or get lost down the rabbit trail of discovery. Delightful way to spend time, for sure. But a minute? Hah! If I had a nickel ... (I could buy a gallon of gas! :-)
ReplyDeleteOh, yeh. Absolutely! The minute is the hook. The forum is the line and the sinker. At least it's productive time spent. Mostly. :)
ReplyDeleteSusan52!!! I found you! I Squidoo, too...it's me, CrypticFragments, an avid SquidU forum user and lensmaster
ReplyDelete:)
Your blog is cool.
the Lensmaster Lounge is among my favorite hang outs... hi Susan52 it's me CrypticFragments
ReplyDeleteI am glad I found your blog