Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2008

How to Find the Best Keywords for Your Squidoo Lens

You know how important the primary tag (keyword) is for your Squidoo lens, but how about the other 40 tags that Squidoo allows? How do you decide which are the best tags to use there? While it might be better to build a lens around keywords, if you didn't do that to start with, what's the best way to find the best keywords for your existing lens?

I found a nifty tool provided by Google called the Google Adwords Keyword Tool. While you can enter keywords or phrases in the tool and Google will provide you with a nice list of related keyword synonyms and their search frequency, you can also provide the tool with the address of your website (or Squidoo lens) and Google will analyze it and give you a list of the most relevant keywords based on its content. I tried the URL approach with several of my lenses this morning and found a few words that I had underestimated as being important. You can be sure that I've fine-tuned my tag lists and I'm looking forward to seeing if they improve my lens traffic from the search engines.

While you certainly don't want to exclude long-tail search phrases, the Google Keyword Tool is great for finding important single words and short phrases. It's very quick and easy to use and, what's more, it's free so there's no reason not to give it a try. If you do, leave a comment and let me know what you think about it. I'd appreciate the feedback.

P.S. Enjoy our Squidoo tips? Why not subscribe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.