Pages

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

We'll Miss You, Shirley

I love having spikes in lens visits, but it's sad when it happens because someone died.  I have a couple of lenses about Shirley Temple, and last night she passed away, surrounded by loved ones at her home in California.  If I hadn't seen the headline early this morning, I would have figured it out by the sudden interest in her life, based on lens traffic.  I hope people found out what they wanted to know about her.  I'm proud that I could contribute a little something to honor her memory.

Shirley Temple Black always has been one of my favorite famous people, a true lady, and I'll miss just knowing that she's still around.  I'm happy for her family that she lived to be 85 (she would have been 86 in April) and I hope that her passing was easy.

In my book, Shirley Temple Black was an American hero.  Rest in peace, Shirley.

Image from Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.