Pages

Monday, June 10, 2013

Putting Myself On The Line

Is this a perfect Squidoo lens?

What do you think?  Visit the link and chime in.

I can take it.

2 comments:

  1. Susan, you are a very brave lady to ‘crow’ about your lens in public.

    Personally, I do not think there is such a thing as a perfect Squidoo page or a 'perfect' page from any site because different individuals are always going to be looking for different information from a page.

    I read some of the discussion on the Squidoo Headquarters post you linked to about The Perfect Product Recommendation Lens and offer these comments.

    As a friend who does not really love roosters, I enjoyed your page because I know you and it is well put together.

    If I was someone who crowed over roosters and did not know you, I might still enjoy reading your personal information. However, I might also be looking for a simpler sort of page, one where you share your love of roosters and then a few fabulous hand-picked rooster themed items.

    Actually I think doing both sorts of pages is a good idea for someone who has a passion about a subject…both pages would still be personal, in a slightly different way, and both would offer up something that a rooster fan might be looking for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous points, Brenda, and I totally agree. I've definitely done what you suggest, make lenses on the same topic but in different styles. As usual, you described that scenario very well.

      We did use "perfect" with a grain of salt on that HQ post - I knew I was setting myself up for lots of pounding. I just added a comment to one of the comments there about knowing your audience. This lens was written for "emotional" shoppers and I hope I can report over time that it hit its target.

      Thank you, Brenda, for your very thoughtful commentary - always appreciated! (And I'm amazed that you found Daisy on that lens!)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.