Pages

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Irresistible Lens Titles on Squidoo

Squidoo's choice for Lens of the Day today has one of the most irresistible, "Must click NOW!" titles of any lens title I can remember, ever. 

How to Design Your Really Weird Alien

That's the title.  Isn't it awesome?  Doesn't it make you say, "Huh?" and want to click and read the lens - immediately?  Or is it just me who wants answers to all those questions the title generates in my puny brain?  ("My alien?"  "Why is it weird, even really weird?  I need to design an alien?  Did I miss an assignment somewhere?) 

I recently wrote about choosing a title for your lens, the man and machine elements to consider.  I'm not positive this title nailed the machine element; I'd have to do some keyword research to find out.  I am positive, though, that it hit the human element smack dab on the head.  At least it hit my head.  In fact, it almost knocked me over.

Are you still reading this?  If you want answers, too, then go right now and click on the title and check out the lens.  I hope you're as curious as I was about what this really weird alien thing is all about.  And I hope I can come up with a title as compelling and irresistible as this one for my next lens.  Love it! 

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I never thought about the title in this way. It simply came to me as "the" title to use! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.