Pages

Monday, June 18, 2012

"Liking" Our Neighbors on Squidoo

One of my goals for the week is to reach the 10,000 mark on "lenses rated."  I'm at 9749 right now.

That's a lot of lenses, but when I compare my numbers to those of Tipi (35,466) or Jaguar Julie (24,826) or KimGiancaterino (15,842) or OhMe (12,919), my number seems like small potatoes and my efforts over the years pale in comparison to lensmasters like these (and certainly there are others) who give so much back to the Squidoo community. I really appreciate their setting the bar nice and high!

There are lots of ways to be a good neighbor on Squidoo, and visiting and rating lenses with a simple click on the "like" button is akin to serving cake to your fellow lensmasters.  Leaving a thoughtful, kind comment while you're at it is the icing on the cake and only takes a few seconds more. Not surprisingly, there's a trophy for that, too!

What's your number?  Have you earned your Epic SquidLiking trophy yet?  Is it a goal?  If it wasn't before, I hope now that it is.  It's good to be a good neighbor.    

14 comments:

  1. didn't know about this trophy - might set this goal for myself - but my goodness 34 thousand +? that is certainly a dedicated Squid.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Visiting is important, and often very educational too! I love to see how other lensmasters set up their pages, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do too, Joan. You have a pretty high number, too. You're a very good neighbor!

      Delete
  3. Wow, I am far behind, but I am a slow reader (I always end up clicking on links and photos and a reading that should take 5 minutes can turn into an hour)! I have 3171, a few more each and everyday. If I add my 2 niche accounts I am somewhere near 3500.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just described my yesterday, fanfreluche. I definitely get sidetracked when I visit lenses. Of course clicking on those links is a good thing, too!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have 70 more to have 13,000 squidlikes before my 4th birthday in July. Thanks for the mention here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohme, you're amazing! That's a lot of likin'!

      Delete
  6. Woo-hoo! Just got 50 points for hitting 9900!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Susan! Yes, I agree that I have long worked at being a good neighbor -- through thick and through thin -- hoping to make a difference in a good way. Thank you for making a difference!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You make a wonderfully great difference, Julie. You're a great role model! (And yes, through thick and thin. :)

      Delete
  8. Thank you for this information!
    I have only 1.398, but I will try to reached 10.000.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do a "blitz" of lens visiting and liking every day, Jan, and see what happens to your lensrank. I'm guessing you'll see a change. :)

      Delete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.