Pages

Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nancy Hellams Queen of Squidoo Day


If there's one person on all of Squidoo who loves her hometown, it's Nancy Hellams, aka lensmaster Ohme, and local friends and folks have definitely noticed.

Nancy has created over 30 Squidoo lenses about her hometown of Pendleton, South Carolina, labeling herself a SAPP, or self-appointed Pendleton promoter. She writes about local history and landmarks as well as provides a directory on Squidoo of Pendleton's local businesses and goings-on. If there's something you want to know about Pendleton, just visit one of Ohme's many lenses.

To show their appreciation for her dedication, the mayor and town council of Pendleton recently honored Nancy, proclaiming September 8, 2009, "Nancy Hellams, Queen of Squidoo Day," surprising her with roses, a crown, a banner and a scepter as well as the official proclamation.

Nancy's sister, lensmaster Joan4, documented the event in her lens about "Queen OhMe." Congratulations to her majesty, Queen Nancy!

3 comments:

  1. Susan! Thank you! I think I am almost as thrilled as Nancy is! A great honor and well-deserved. I wonder if Pendleton is the most written about town on Squidoo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Susan. I am so honored that you blogged about my big day in Pendleton. I am still floating on Cloud 9 and will probably stay up here for awhile. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking Pendleton is the most famous town in Squidoo by far! Congratulations and a curtsy. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.