I've discussed in the past the practice of asking on a Squidoo lens that people rate the lens. Sometimes people do that well; sometimes they appear to be begging for a rating and that turns me off. I've settled into the practice of hyperlinking the lens at the bottom with the little statement, "Return to the top to rate this lens." Clicking on that link brings my visitors back to the top of the lens, making it easy to find the stars with just a subtle reminder.
Now, lensmaster extraordinaire thefluffanutta has made this process even simpler by inventing a widget called "Love This Lens?" By adding this widget to your lens you can bring the stars to the bottom (or wherever you want them), saving your visitor a trip back to the top! In fact, not only does the widget include stars with which to rate the lens, it also features "email it," "favorite it," and "lensroll it" links. How convenient is that?!
Check out this very cool widget, available to one and all on its own lens called, quite naturally, Love This Lens Widget. Follow the directions and watch the stars come out!
Hats off and a grateful bow to thefluffanutta!
I'm so glad I didn't miss this! Thanks for getting the word out. What ever would we do without thefluff?
ReplyDeleteAmen to that!
ReplyDeleteThanks for writing this blog, Susan. It is like a gold mine for Squidoo folks.
ReplyDeleteYes, the fluffanutta has made life go just so swimmingly at Squidoo. I am using this widget and must say I love it, and the lens where it lives.
ReplyDelete