- I have an idea! The best ones seem to just pop into my head.
- Brainstorm. Write down everything I can think of about the topic. I usually type it, but brainstorming is better done with pen and paper.
- Keyword search, which might actually change the direction of the lens but will likely give me the URL.
- Google it. What’s there that I didn’t think of? Check images and video.
- Amazon, eBay, and other affiliate products available? Look for both bestsellers and something unique. Look for eye appeal to spur emotion. (I’d choose a product with a pretty picture over something plain, wouldn’t you?)
- Set up the sequence of modules and make the lens. This is where the creative juices actually flow. I’m a visual learner and seeing my ideas take shape actually spurs new and better ideas, so it isn’t surprising that my final product is often not quite the same as what I thought it would be when I first visualized it in my head.
- Publish and take a look. Rearrange modules to make everything look nicely balanced.
Sharing my squidiction with the masses, throwing in some how to Squidoo tips along the way.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
My 7 Habits of Successful Lensmaking
Glen recently put together an awesome post called The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Lensmasters. He enlisted the help of seven very successful lensmasters who each presented their own seven things that they do to help make each of their lenses successful. Great idea and you must read all 49. Then you can read my seven, here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for publishing your seven habits as well as the link to Glen's lens!
ReplyDeleteVery helpful list. I make far too many lenses on an idea without doing the key word research! Thank you!
ReplyDeleteGreat list! I wrote a list too but haven't posted it yet... I'll do so soon.
ReplyDeleteThat is a good idea. I will definitely make my own list. Thanks.
ReplyDelete