Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Make a Bigger First Impression With Squidoo

First impressions are important and this is especially true with Squidoo lenses. Recently, Squidoo increased the allowable size of the intro module images (read about it here). I love this change. Now the pictures really pop.

The change isn't retroactive to the pictures you're already using on your lenses, so you might want to go back through and re-load your puny pictures if you believe a bigger version would benefit your lens. I've done that on a few of my lenses already, including this one and this one. (Don't worry, it's rated G.)

Tell me what you think. You like the bigger pictures or are they too big? Are you going to update yours? Leave me a comment and a link; I'd love to take a look.

5 comments:

  1. Hi Susan,
    Thanks for this update about larger pictures. That's great news. I'd love to see them allow the main image to be clickable though, too.

    I usually use an img of my own instead of uploading so I can make it clickable; downside though is the image doesn't show up in the related lenses.

    A dilemma indeed!

    Anyway, thanks for giving everyone the heads up!

    Bob Jenkins
    SquidooSecrets.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment, Bob. I often use my own images within the body of the lens and definitely use the alt tag (and should do it more often). That method works well to get traffic from image searches. Have you seen Colleen's lens about that? It's great advice!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, the intro picture on your humiliated cats lens looks great! You can see the cat's eyes so well -- and those eyes say it all. Poor guy. He's just not feeling it. Love the bigger pix! That lens is one of my faves and one of those that I had forgotten to star. You have five new ones there now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Susan,
    I've been updating a few of my lenses with the larger intro picture. So far I've revamped the intro pix for Christmas Clip Art, Classic Christmas, Chanukah Coloring and Coloring for Adults.

    I just love the new size, but I've got about 74 more lenses to update ... lots of work, lots of fun.

    Congrats on your 2008 Giant Squid Award!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.