Pages

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Squidooing by the Calendar

Easter comes early this year (March 23rd) and people are starting to realize it - and they're starting to look online to find out how to make Easter bonnets. Ask me how I know.

Glad you asked! A week ago I made this new lens about Easter bonnets. That was Saturday. The lens started getting search engine hits on Tuesday, mostly from Google. It seems people want to know how to make Easter bonnets, they want to know the words to the "In Your Easter Bonnet" song, and they want to see pictures of Easter bonnets. I'm happy to oblige.

The lens has had 106 visits, lensrank has increased every day, and it's in the top 100 of its category. Clickouts, unfortunately, are mostly on the Flickr pictures (no money to be made there), but there have been other clickouts and, hopefully, as more people begin to realize that Easter is coming up fast, the lens will generate some sales. Too bad I don't have an ebook about how to make an Easter bonnet. That would have been a sure-fire thing.

Why am I telling you this? Just to remind you to think ahead to holidays, events, and special occasions then make Squidoo lenses and include the information people are going to be looking for. It's okay if the topic is something seasonal; save the lens and update it for next year, using what you've learned this year to improve the lens.

So, pull out the calendar, put on your thinking cap, and make a lens!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.