Pages

Friday, March 7, 2008

I Heart TOC!

It's true. I am smitten. Squidoo has gone and done it again. They've created another new module and I am totally in love!

Who would have thought a table of contents module could mean so much? Well, if you've ever made a TOC for a lens, you know that it takes a long time to copy all those module links from a lens then format and paste them into a text module to create a TOC of your own. That, my sea creature-loving friend, is now a task from the past.

I just added a table of contents to my Recipes for Real People lens - and I did it in about a minute using the new table of contents module that the stupendous Squidoo staff set up and introduced this week to make lensmasters' lives a whole lot easier. You'll find the module with the widgets, or look under "T" on the "search" tab of the module picker. Add it to your lens layout, move it to the top, give it a nice name (not "New Table of Contents") and you'll be good to go. Invisible, orange-tentacled, one-eyed elves generate the links for you.

You won't need a TOC on every lens, but when you do add one make sure your modules have compelling titles in order to entice your visitors to click on through and jump right down to exactly what they're looking for.

I'm telling you, Squidoo just keeps getting better and better. (Be still my heart.)

UPDATE: The TOC module is now available in the basic package of module links, on the first page of the module picker. Easy as pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.