Pages

Monday, March 3, 2008

Have You Visited Your Squidlings Lately?

I'm talking about your little Squidoo offspring, your lenses. Have you seen them lately? Better hurry and take a look. They've changed!

If your lenses are "maxed" (and most of yours probably are) then you're going to see them in a new format starting yesterday. The squid staff has changed the maxed layout with a completely new, up-to-date, pretty cool template. Two columns instead of three. Lots less orange and lots more black. And, I think, a more professional look.

There's far more to this story (including the fact that there are actually five new layouts, depending on who's looking at your lens) and you really need to read Megan's announcement on the SquidU forum to get the background and details. Then, read all the lensmasters' questions that follow, some of which are probably questions you have, and the answers.

What do you think? Like the new look? Hate it? Leave a comment and let's talk about it.

1 comment:

  1. I have mixed feelings about the changes - It may be better for lensmasters because I noticed that there are more clicks possible in the Adsense modules. But it has kind of messed up the formatting of some of my pages, so I am going back in and changing them so they can look better. Thanks for the link to Megan's announcement. I'll go read it now. I like your blog. Here is my lensmaster page. Not all lenses are up to par (yet)
    ddixonart's lenses

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.