Here's another Squidoo tip. Do you have a blog or a website where you might want to include a link to one of your Squidoo lenses? Instead of sending your readers to the lens page, making them have to look for the information you want them to find on the lens, try this. Refer them to the exact module you want them to see.
To do that, look on the left margin of the Squidoo lens you want to link to. Look where it says "What's here" and click on "more" in that list so you can see every module within that particular lens. Click on the name of the module where you want the person to end up. Use the address that is now in your browser as your link.
For instance, my find-stuff-for-ebay lens is rather long so if I wanted someone to find the section about the book for stay-at-home moms, I would have them link to http://www.squidoo.com/find-stuff-for-ebay/#module3863032. I figured out how to do this from somebody else's lens one time and love the shortcut!
Sometimes I even link within the same lens to a different module on that lens. Ron Passfield does that on his big Squidoo Marketing Strategies lens, linking from the table of contents that he has added near the top of his lens. Another of his great ideas!
To do that, look on the left margin of the Squidoo lens you want to link to. Look where it says "What's here" and click on "more" in that list so you can see every module within that particular lens. Click on the name of the module where you want the person to end up. Use the address that is now in your browser as your link.
For instance, my find-stuff-for-ebay lens is rather long so if I wanted someone to find the section about the book for stay-at-home moms, I would have them link to http://www.squidoo.com/find-stuff-for-ebay/#module3863032. I figured out how to do this from somebody else's lens one time and love the shortcut!
Sometimes I even link within the same lens to a different module on that lens. Ron Passfield does that on his big Squidoo Marketing Strategies lens, linking from the table of contents that he has added near the top of his lens. Another of his great ideas!
Now that they've redesigned Squidoo, I don't know how to do this. I don't see the "what's in this lens" area anymore. Any ideas how to do it now? Thanks!
ReplyDeleteDarla, you're absolutely right! Thanks for keeping me on my toes. You can find the link to a module easily now by using the new Table of Contents module. Even if you don't want to keep the TOC module on the lens, you can add it temporarily and mouseover the module name that you want to link to. That way you'll be able to see the link including the module number.
ReplyDeleteI wrote about the new table of contents module here in case you're not familiar with it.
Hope that helps! If not, just let me know.
Susan