Pages

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Where to Find Topical Lens Ideas

Susan52: NOT in Vogue
Susan52: NOT in Vogue
I just received the latest edition of one of my favorite magazines for Kindle. Happy day!

Scrolling down the table of contents page of the new magazine, I see at least a dozen ideas that would be perfect for a dozen new lenses. From decorating to personal style to family, food, and gardening, almost anyone could take this TOC, pick a hot topic and run with it, putting a personal point of view on a subject that resonates with them, making it their very own.

I'm not exactly into current trends. In fact, in most areas of life I lean heavily to the side of cultural illiteracy. So staying one step ahead of my audience can be difficult. But ahead of trends is a great place to be when you're trying to hit that perfect blend of unique, useful, up-to-date content for a successful, new Squidoo lens. That's why I love magazines. If I'm interested in the niche going in, I just might come up with a really good, trendy lens idea going out.

Where do you find topical trends to write about? Or is that a concern in your niche? Got any tips to share on the topic?

Vogue Magazine Cover May 1917, Public Domain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.