Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

5 Steps to Increase Holiday & Seasonal Traffic on Squidoo

Susan52 in her Easter Bonnet
Do holidays make a difference in your Squidoo traffic?  They certainly do with mine.  Easter is tomorrow and traffic stats this week show a steep incline, particularly on my seasonally-relevant lenses.

Without a doubt, Pinterest is the leader in referral traffic sources for my lenses and this week my Pinterest numbers have soared. I'm very grateful to all who pin and re-pin, and especially grateful to those who click through. 

Now the question is, how do I keep the traffic coming once Easter is history?  Here are 5 steps that I plan to take to increase traffic to my holiday and seasonal lenses.
  1. Keep track of upcoming popular holidays and seasonal celebrations.  Mother's Day is next and summer is coming up fast.
  2. Update existing topical lenses by updating keywords and phrases.
  3. Make new lenses, taking a useful, unique, or even trendy approach to seasonal topics. 
  4. Choose and use outstanding photos to catch the attention of prolific Pinterest users.
  5. Make a promotional plan that includes my favorite social media sites. I don't want to depend on having all my eggs in the Pinterest basket. Facebook and Google+ are proving to be good traffic sources, too.

Are you seeing an upswing in your seasonal lenses?  Have any tips to share on how you attract traffic? I would love to read your success stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.