Pages

Friday, March 14, 2014

Marc Guberti's Squidoo Challenge

Lensmaster, Giant Squid, and boy wonder Marc Guberti (I use that "boy wonder" title in the most complimentary way) recently put pen to paper (well, fingertips to keyboard) to offer a solution to re-grow traffic to Squidoo.

Marc's only 16, but he's been a lensmaster for a couple of years now. In the same period he has established himself as a Twitter expert, has written several books and publishes a popular blog, and he's making his presence known on YouTube as well as spreading his wings to encompass other social media platforms.  I'm not privy to his master plan, but I'm pretty sure it includes becoming Guru of Everything.  Again, I use that title with the utmost respect; Marc is wise beyond his years and I respect him as a serious force in content creation, online marketing, and social media.

Back to Marc's Squidoo Challenge.  You can read it here, but to briefly summarize it's a seven-step plan that almost any lensmaster can follow to earn more traffic to their Squidoo lenses.  And, according to Marc, if large numbers of lensmasters commit to following the plan and follow through on their commitments, Squidoo's traffic stats should begin rising in no time with the goal of a million visitors a day in sight within months or even sooner. 

I like the plan.  In fact, a printed copy of the steps is hanging prominently from the bulletin board above my desk.  I've highlighted the three areas that I need to work on (the others I already do every day) and I'm happy to say that I've met my goals for this week including creating two new lenses, adding content to three old lenses, and pinging lenses that I update (a simple habit I'm not sure why I ever fell out of, but one I'm determined to reestablish). 

Whether the million visitors a day goal is reachable in the manner Marc lays out, I really don't know.  Whether tier payments will increase to their previous height, I don't know.  But I do know that my business can only benefit from following Marc's seven steps. And if I can help him spread the word and five, 10, or 1000 lensmasters follow suit, there's certainly nothing any of us has to lose - and there's plenty to gain. 

So what do you think?  Will you set a goal to follow Marc's plan for a month to see what happens?  If you will, visit his lens and let him know, and let me know, too, in a comment.  Then let's meet in a month and compare notes.

I'm in.  Are you?


Photo from Marc's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.