- In shopping modules (amazon, eBay, or with your own affiliate items such as allposters.com
) use wording such as, "Click on the picture to read more about or to purchase the item." Some visitors to your lenses might not be accustomed to shopping online and need a call to action or even instructions to help them learn how to shop.
- When setting up an eBay module, if you know there will be plenty of your search items with bids, choose to show items with 1 or greater bids rather than defaulting to zero. Look under the "display options" tab and check the box to display the number of bids. Seeing that someone else is already bidding on the items creates an instant demand for the products that are shown, resulting in a sense of urgency for your lookers/shoppers/buyers to click through. Here's an example.
Sharing my squidiction with the masses, throwing in some how to Squidoo tips along the way.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
Raise Your Conversion Rate With These Squidoo Tips of the Day
A couple of quick tips today that will help convert lookers to shoppers and shoppers to buyers on your Squidoo lenses.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Conversion is always a tough nut for me. I like the logic of your second point. Don't know why I never thought of it before!! Now if I could just remember where I put them all ...
ReplyDeleteI agree with you about adding an explanation about how to click on links. I recently began going over my lenses and editing. One cannot assume that everyone is computer savvy.
ReplyDelete