Pages

Saturday, September 29, 2007

When Small is Big and Less is More

Ever hear of getting too much for your money? I just saw an offer for a product that promises to help me find my perfect niche market. The product was inexpensive, less than 20 bucks, but it contained 14 videos and two e-books. That's too much stuff for me, just way too big. Maybe the answer is complicated enough to require all that media, but I really don't have time to go through 14 videos and read two e-books. Sorry, I'll pass.

Seth Godin is the founder of Squidoo. He's also the author of a book called Small Is the New Big. Squidoo is big and getting bigger, yet a Squidoo lens is small, just one page. A good, small lens, though, is better than big because it focuses on exactly what its readers want to know (that's why they call it a lens). That less is more concept is what I like best about Squidoo.

When I write, I tend to get pretty wordy; when Ron Passfield writes, he gets to the point. I've learned more about Squidoo from Ron Passfield than from any other one person. Ron’s e-book, Squidoo Marketing Strategies, is a small 44 pages (and it has a small price of just seven dollars), but Ron thinks big and demonstrates in his book how to use Squidoo to promote and market your business or area of expertise.

If you want to learn to use Squidoo to turn your big idea into something small and profitable, start with Ron’s book and learn how to put less is more to work for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.