Pages

Monday, May 13, 2013

Completing the Circle

I read lots of "newbie" lenses on Squidoo.  A few are really great, some are awful (they just are, what can I say) and others are written by newbies who need a little instruction but show so much promise.  Those are the ones that I really get excited about.

I love writing short comments of encouragement to new lensmasters. When I do, I think back to people who encouraged me in the early days and how much that meant to me.  I want these new newbies to smile when they read my note and turn to their friend or significant other and say, "Hey, someone at Squidoo thinks I'm special!"  If the smile stays on their face for more than a few seconds, then I've done my job. 

Later on, when I encounter some of these same new folks on RocketSquids, it's my turn to smile. I always hope that my note had something to do with fueling their desire to learn more about how to improve and make their lenses better and better.

Two smiles, theirs and mine.  Circle complete. 

2 comments:

  1. Well, you sure did make me smile with your encouragement and comments! And I'm in RocketSquids now... Going slowly, due to a very busy schedule IRL that leaves me little Squidoo-time.
    (But small steps bring me where I wanna go I guess)

    Thanks for your ongoing support!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Klaartje, you always make me smile! You are such a joy, as well as a talented writer and a natural at lensmaking. Squidoo is very lucky to have you - and I am very blessed to have met you early on. Thanks so much for taking the time to comment here - I really appreciate it.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting on my blog! You can learn more about me or my lenses on my Squidoo profile.