Most of those who know me also know that I'm a big fan of the Amazon Kindle. Have been since the Kindle was first introduced.
Sad day about a week ago. Well, it started back in July of last year when we had our house fire. We lost pretty much everything in the fire (except lives and cars - praise the Lord for that) including my beloved first Kindle. Now, our house has been rebuilt and we moved in about a week ago. As we were finalizing the move from our rented duplex last week, my husband told me that he still had my burned Kindle stored in the garage. He had found it in the rubble of the fire months ago and I insisted at that time on keeping it.
This time I let it go. Sadly, it went out in our final load of trash. I'm determined not to accumulate useless "stuff" anymore and those remains were definitely useless.
I did take pictures, though, in case my aging brain forgets. I've included one of the melted keyboard here, and visitors to this lens can see the charred remains as they read about our family's new Kindles. Yes, that's plural. My son has one model and I have two more, the Kindle Keyboard (nicknamed "Pinkie") and a Kindle Fire tablet (nicknamed "Friendly Fire" for obvious reasons).
So long, first Kindle. You served me well. You'll be remembered, always.
I'm sorry about this... it was a really hard situation, but it matters that you are ok. A kindle you can buy, but a life no!
ReplyDeletePersonally, I have a Kindle Fire and I've got so many interesting eBooks from All you can books... I have what to do on my spare time, because it's a really great device which deserves to be remembered! Take care of you!
You've opened another chapter, Susan and I am glad that you are finally home and able to get on with the next. I don't think you'll ever forget the previous part of your Kindle story though...
ReplyDeleteWow! I am so glad you have your new Kindles and your new home! So many things to be thankful for after a year of such loss and sadness. Your attitude through all of this has been such an inspiration to so many!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Diana!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Joan! It has been an interesting year, to say the least.
ReplyDeleteOoo that is spooky Susan, I was just thinking about you the other day and wondering how life was moving on for you. So pleased to hear that you are back in your home again.
ReplyDeleteThanks, AJ, for thinking of us and for all your support along the way!
ReplyDeleteNever actually used one of these to be honest.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to learn about your fire it must have been devastating for you however you seem to have come through it pretty much okay. I see many disasters on the TV news and with a fire it is so final, at least wih a flood or an earthquake something can be reovered. Anyway keep up with the good work and I look forward to your lenses. elraylestor
ReplyDelete