Lensmaster ideadesigns became my 900th fan on Squidoo the other day and left a comment to let me know. I was honored and truly appreciated the kind comment.
Do you join fan clubs on Squidoo? I hope you do. And I hope you leave comments on lots of lenses, too. Sincere comments. Did you know that now you can leave comments on profile pages? I love that new feature, great for a general comment to the lensmaster as opposed to a lens-specific comment. Comments are wonderful tools for building social relationships on Squidoo.
Have you looked at your profile page lately? If you haven't, take a look at the new design. It includes your bio and lens list on the left with a comment area below and a "trophy cabinet" on the upper right followed by a few profile stats - including the number of lenses you've rated and how many you've favorited. Do you look at those numbers on other people's profiles? I do. It's a great way to gauge how active that lensmaster is within the Squidoo community.
The importance of the social element of Squidoo is something that some lensmasters overlook. In fact, the profile page provides a great opportunity to make a good impression, so its contents (specifically the bio) should be well thought out and written in a way that complements and promotes your online brand and reputation. Try to give your readers a glimpse of the real you, the person behind the lenses. Don't lose out on the opportunity to start a great relationship with each visitor who takes the time to read your profile page.
Relationships are important in social networking, so open up to others, leave a few comments and join a few new fan clubs every day on Squidoo. The investment in time could be a great investment in the future of your online business, even well beyond Squidoo.
I totally agree, Susan. The new profile pages with the comment boxes are a great way to meet new folks, greet old friends, thank SquidAngels for those all important visits. The new system at Squidoo will help us all encourage and support each other even more - and as a result, we will produce better pages!
ReplyDeleteThanks and yes when I saw that I was going to be a milestone number (900) I had to post a comment. I agree about the social networking should be made personal and from the heart. Otherwise we are just a tech digit without personality! Lots of love back at you Susan. :)
ReplyDeleteI have Visited your lenses and they are really very interesting. Its very good to find you here.And me too in your fan club
ReplyDelete