That's the question asked this week by lensmaster GrowWear on her blog, Squidoo Lens Reviews.
Let me share my answer with you:
Keyword research isn't important at all - unless you want people to find your lens! Posting on SquidU, sharing a lens with your squid-buddies, even Tweeting a lens only goes so far. The goal is to get traffic from the web, from public, from people you never knew you needed to meet. These are the ones who don't necessarily leave star ratings but who (hopefully, if you have a good lens) click out on your links and even make a purchase now and then. Can't earn money for yourself or for charity without those clickouts, and you won't get clickouts if you don't get traffic which found you because of, that's right, great keywords.
If I could turn back the clock, I would wish to have spent a few months studying key words before I ever started publishing on line! Now learning very slowly and changing everything -- takes much longer this way! :)
ReplyDelete