Without a doubt, Pinterest is the leader in referral traffic sources for my lenses and this week my Pinterest numbers have soared. I'm very grateful to all who pin and re-pin, and especially grateful to those who click through.
Now the question is, how do I keep the traffic coming once Easter is history? Here are 5 steps that I plan to take to increase traffic to my holiday and seasonal lenses.
- Keep track of upcoming popular holidays and seasonal celebrations. Mother's Day is next and summer is coming up fast.
- Update existing topical lenses by updating keywords and phrases.
- Make new lenses, taking a useful, unique, or even trendy approach to seasonal topics.
- Choose and use outstanding photos to catch the attention of prolific Pinterest users.
- Make a promotional plan that includes my favorite social media sites. I don't want to depend on having all my eggs in the Pinterest basket. Facebook and Google+ are proving to be good traffic sources, too.
Are you seeing an upswing in your seasonal lenses? Have any tips to share on how you attract traffic? I would love to read your success stories.